Can I Sue My Employer For An Injury?

After an injury at work, you have the right to seek compensation and medical coverage from your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier. As an attorney, I have more than 35 years of experience helping injured workers in Virginia through this complicated process.

Unlike a personal injury claim (like a car accident), you cannot sue your employer for "pain and suffering" in a Virginia workers' compensation claim. However, that is not your only option. I am here to explain your rights as an injured worker and help you find the best path forward for your situation. Free consultations are available at my Richmond office to help you get started.

Call 804-554-3168 Today For A Free Consultation

After your free consultation, you will know from the first day whether or not I can take on your case. As your advocate, you can tell me your immediate concerns and future goals for recovery. I will take every action necessary to help you address your concerns and meet your expectations.

What Options Do I Have In Workers' Comp Recovery?

If your claim is denied, then I will prepare for a hearing by gathering and filing supportive medical evidence, finding out the insurer's defenses to your claim through interrogatories (legal questions), and deposing witnesses to maximize your chances of winning an award for compensation and medical coverage at the hearing. If your claim is accepted, then I will make sure an Award Order is entered with the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission to protect your rights to compensation and lifetime medical coverage for your work injury. If you and the insurer are both interested in settlement, then I will discuss the valuation of your claim with you, agree on an opening demand to submit to the insurer, and negotiate a favorable resolution of your case.

Your case is unique, and as the victim of an injury you deserve to have your voice heard. No matter which path your case follows, I will be there to lead you as your lawyer. The future of your career and your family's livelihood depend on your desire to be proactive in your case.

Get started today with a free consultation by calling 804-554-3168 or by sending an email.